Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Going home

“Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.” –Charles Dickens
.
After 16 months in our safehome, another one of our girls went home to be reunited with her family last week.

Getting ready to fly home

Knowing what she has been through and how far she has come is mind-boggling. She came to our home like an angel with broken wings, and is leaving whole and empowered. She is ready to fly again.

Dr. Velazco, our Director of Aftercare asked her; “How will you remember the Love146 Safehome?” Her answer? “It’s where my life changed. It’s where a new angel was born and grew. This Home welcomes and heals the broken.”

At her homecoming, her Mother just held on to her and kept repeating; “My Baby, my baby. I’ve missed you so, my baby.”

In the words of Dr. Velazco to our girl upon leaving; “We’ll be monitoring your flight. Count on it.”

Wow, this reintegration process is so hard and beautiful all at the same time.

-Rob
President
Love146
Follow me on Twitter HERE

3 comments:

Ed Adams said...

This is what it's all about.
Just praying for the day when there will be no one to send home because slavery has been abolished!

Christina Whittaker said...

what a great, great story. inspiring and moving. thank you.

Dr.D.L.Koti said...

Nice to know that Dr.Gundelina is with LOVE 146.I was part of the research and training team in her earlier work with street kids in South Asia.I am inspired by her committment and passion to heal the broken hearts of little children.I am encouraged also that some valuable is being done in this 4/14 window!.Please convey my regards to Dr.Gundelina.I am daniel koti from India: daniel_koti@kastanet.org
regards