It has been a long week. I found myself overwhelmed this week a few times by the weight of the issue. Some shocking articles crossed my computer like this one talking about the domestic magnitude of the issue and this one about a gang rape that occurred at a high school homecoming dance where over 20 people stood by, watched and did nothing.
I have felt heavy and don’t have much to offer or say.
Sometimes the only way we here at Love146 can come out from under the weight is to actively remember the people who are working towards justice and love, and be grateful! As WJ Cameron says, “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action”.
Today I am actively counting my blessings...
I’m thankful for…
- My family- Thanks for keeping me laughing and reminding me what I fight for. You continue to love me much and well!
- The Love146 team- Thanks for dreaming big and always digging deep…thanks for being an inspiration.
- Zach & Casey- Thanks for being such good friends…thanks for being “in this together”
- GEMS- Thanks for opening my eyes to the face of the issue here that has ignited compassion and fire deep inside me.
- Survivors- Your stories inspire and remind me that the impossible is in deed possible…Thanks for never giving up and bravely telling your stories to help others.
So fight for justice, hope, peace and love today and count with me…what are you thankful for?