Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tweeting Today (and Yesterday) for a $100K


For those of you who haven't heard, Hugh Jackman is giving away $100K to a charity but he wants his Twitter friends to convince him which one. So, many of us Tweeted yesterday from 1:46pm - 2:46pm about our passion for the children we serve and how this money can change lives. 
We're doing it again today (today is the last day). If your interested, Tweet Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) and let him know that abolition is possible.
I have to say, I was pretty blown away by reading other peoples Tweets. Here are just a few:

"If it were your own child, you'd give more than $100,000 to stop it."
"This is us. Collectively shouting out. To end child sex slavery. Please help LOVE146."I
"In the next hour you will be hearing from staff (like myself) and supporters an organization called Love146"
"1.2 million children are trafficked per year.LOVE146 is out to put an end to that!! #love146"

Thanks to everyone who is spreading the word!

Abolition!

Desirea


2 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I said: every minute 2 kids are sold in slavery! love146.org restores kids dreams & lives after they are saved from sexual slavery.

I wanted to say "into" slavery but i ran out of characters. hopefully that said the message enough. of course children is too long too. oh well. I hope it really will reach to him. I am sure that he has heard of so many other charities as it is.

VV said...

Hi, found your blog by Googling "boycott craigslist". I'll pass along the tweet. Also wanted to let you know I started a boycott campaign on thepoint.com (a social networking platform for social action) so that people can boycott Craigslist until they close down their erotic services section. I use the link as my URL for commenting. If you want to share this, I would be thrilled. We're all in this together

It's important that people click through and actually join to show their support, and people can join anonymously until 500,000 supporters are reached.